- As a teen, are you feeling alone even in your family or at school?
- Do you often feel down on yourself, or confused about who you really are?
- Are you worried about impressing your friends or making the grade, or worried that you don’t even care anymore?
- As a parent, does it seem hard to know what’s really going on with your teen and how best to help?
Adolescence can be stressful time in our lives. You may find that the people you love the most get on your nerves a lot. You may feel confused, angry, or down. You may find yourself acting in ways you don’t understand, or that make it even harder to get ahead at school or with your family and friends. Sometimes life was going great until a big change came along, like parents divorcing, moving to a different place, or having a medical problem.
- Difficulty Making Friends
- Anxiety & Perfectionism
- Anger, Mood Swings, & Depression
- LGBTQIA Identity
- Adjustment & Life Transitions:
- Parents’ Separation or Divorce
- Multi-Cultural & Immigration Experiences
At HeartLink Counseling we believe that the skills you learn during middle and high school to get through difficult times will help you know yourself better and understand how to create the life you want as an adult. We know that just because you’re still a “kid” doesn’t mean that you don’t see and know a lot about what’s wrong. We also know that just because you’re a “mom” or “dad” doesn’t mean that you don’t have a lot to offer in terms of guidance and support.
HeartLink works from a behavioral and attachment frame with teens and families, which means we can guide you in how to manage the problems in your life as well as help you build stronger connections with others. We’re not here to be another adult telling you how you’re wrong or to side with your parents over every disagreement. We’re here to listen without judgement and really get to know your point of view. We’re also here to help families figure things out together because we know that the quality of those relationships are the most powerful way to make life after high school an independent, thriving time.
Unsure about how to move forward? Please don’t hesitate to reach out and learn more about working with HeartLink’s Adolescent and Family Therapist, Maria Soler. She will be happy to share more about how she can help.
Services offered in English or Spanish.