- As a teen, are you feeling alone even in your family or at school?
- Do you often feel down on yourself, or confused about who you really are?
- Are you worried about impressing your friends or making the grade, or worried that you don’t even care anymore?
- As a parent, does it seem hard to know what’s really going on with your teen and how best to help?
Adolescence can be a stressful time in our lives. You may find that the people you love the most get on your nerves a lot. You may feel confused, angry, or down. You may find yourself acting in ways you don’t understand. Sometimes life was going great until a big change came along, like parents divorcing, moving to a different place, or having a medical problem.
- Difficulty Making Friends
- Anxiety & Perfectionism
- Anger, Mood Swings, & Depression
- LGBTQIA+ Identity
- Adjustment & Life Transitions
At HeartLink Counseling we believe that the skills you learn during middle and high school to get through difficult times will help you know yourself better and understand how to create the life you want as an adult. We know that just because you’re still a “kid” doesn’t mean that you don’t see and know a lot about what’s wrong. We also know that just because you’re a “mom” or “dad” doesn’t mean that you don’t have a lot to offer in terms of guidance and support.
We’re not here to be another adult telling you how you’re wrong or to side with your parents over every disagreement. We’re here to listen without judgement and really get to know your point of view. We’re also here to help families figure things out together because we know that the quality of those relationships are the most powerful way to make life after high school an independent, thriving time.
Unsure about how to move forward? Please don’t hesitate to reach out and learn more about working with HeartLink’s Adolescent and Family Therapists.