- Couple Intimacy & Conflict
- Marital Transition to Parenthood & Empty Nest
- Emotional & Physical Affairs
- Dating & Premarital Concerns
- Healing from Divorce
- Adjustment & Life Transitions
- LGBTQIA+ Identity & Relationships
Amanda Carver is the Founder and Director of HeartLink Counseling & Coaching. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who has been practicing psychotherapy for 20 years. She received her Master of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from The Family Institute at Northwestern University, where she also received advanced training through The Family Institute’s Post-Graduate Clinical Fellowship.
After nearly a decade in the non-profit sector, Amanda enjoys a focused private practice treating individuals, couples and families struggling with emotional and relational distress. Amanda tailors her work to suit the needs of each individual client through an integrative approach that draws on her extensive training in attachment, the body’s nervous system, and behaviorism. She is fully certified in treating couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and also has advanced training using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Amanda experiences being a therapist as a true calling, combining years of rigorous study with an innate intuition in guiding others on their paths of healing and connection. She knows first hand the internal questioning and relational distress than can propel us forward into courageous human journeys. Her passion is helping people love and feel loved, whether that be in their marriages and partnerships, with their families, or how they feel about themselves and their lives.
Amanda strives to be sensitive to and affirming of diverse experiences of race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, ability, religion, and social class. She has developed specific strengths in balancing compassionate support and direct intervention in treatment, as well as trusting her clients to find their capacity to love and be loved and voice their own truths.
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy, The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- Post Graduate Clinical Fellowship, The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Georgia Composite Board, No. MFT001216
- ICEEFT Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT)
- Comprehensively Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Clinical Member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Founding Board Member and Founding Chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Atlanta’s Center for EFT
- Verified by Psychology Today
You may contact Amanda directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-960-7484. She offers virtual services for Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia. She offers in-person services in Athens, GA.