Amanda Carver is the Founder and Director of HeartLink Counseling. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who has been practicing psychotherapy since 2003. She received her Master of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from The Family Institute at Northwestern University, where she also received advanced training through The Family Institute’s Post-Graduate Clinical Fellowship.
After nearly a decade in the non-profit sector, Amanda enjoys a focused private practice treating couples and individuals at her office in the Brookhaven neighborhood of Atlanta. She is fully certified in treating couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), and is a Supervisor Candidate in helping other clinicians learn how to utilize EFT. She also has advanced training using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to assist clients with mindfulness, mood difficulties, and finding their center. She is the Secretary, Diversity Chair, and a Founding Board Member for the Atlanta Center for EFT.
Amanda experiences being a therapist as a true calling, combining years of rigorous study with an innate intuition in guiding others on their paths of healing and connection. She knows first hand the internal questioning and relational distress than can propel us forward into courageous human journeys. Her passion is helping people love and feel loved, whether that be in their marriages and partnerships, with their families, or how they feel about themselves and their lives.
Amanda strives to be sensitive to and affirming of diverse experiences of race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, ability, religion, and social class. She has developed specific strengths in balancing compassionate support and direct intervention in treatment, and building strong rapport with both sides of a conflicting couple. She has contributed articles to Marriage.com and MindBodyGreen.
- Couple Intimacy & Conflict
- Marital Transition to Parenthood
- Emotional & Physical Affairs
- Dating & Pre-marital Concerns
- Troubling Childhood Experiences
- LGBTQIA Identity & Relationships
- Codependence & Sense of Self
- Adjustment & Life Transitions
- Anxiety, Mood Swings & Stress
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy, The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- Post Graduate Clinical Fellowship, The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Georgia Composite Board, No. MFT001216
- ICEEFT Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT) and Supervisor Candidate
- Comprehensively Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, including Georgia’s Chapter
- Clinical Member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Secretary, Diversity Chair, and Founding Board Member, Atlanta’s Center for EFT
- Verified by Psychology Today
You may contact Amanda directly at email@example.com or 404-960-7484.