Maria G. Soler is a Marriage and Family Therapist Candidate working under the supervision of Amanda Carver, LMFT. She will soon receive her Master of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Mercer University in Atlanta, where she’s also received training through the Mercer Family Therapy Center at Piedmont Hospital.
After first earning her degree in Psychology in Buenos Aires, Argentina as a young adult, she found herself taking an unexpectedly long hiatus from this passion, working instead for multinational corporations in the areas of Human Resources and Marketing Research. During this time, Maria earned her MBA, led large global teams, and gained exceptional experience in interacting across cultures. Yet after two decades of success in the career that chose her, Maria couldn’t deny her desire to return to the career she originally chose – psychotherapy.
Feeling at her core that she was meant to be a therapist and assist others in finding greater meaning and connection in their lives, Maria determined to return to her true calling. With the unconditional support of her husband and their two teenage daughters, Maria obtained a graduate diploma in Personality, Emotional, and Eating Disorders at the University of Valencia, Spain in 2017. She then expanded on this learning through her graduate training at Mercer University.
Maria is delighted to join HeartLink Counseling to work with couples, families, and individuals under Amanda’s supervision. She enjoys working with adolescents and their families, as well as with couples and adult individuals experiencing relational distress. Her warm and engaging demeanor sets her clients at ease, and her ability to guide her clients in tapping their innate potential helps them find the change they seek.
As a fully bilingual therapist in English and Spanish, Maria has a special passion for working with those with multi-cultural and immigration experiences. She strives to be sensitive to and affirming of diverse experiences of race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, ability, religion, and social class.
- Couple Intimacy & Conflict
- Adolescent Individual & Family Struggles
- Multi-Cultural & Immigration Experiences
- Adjustment & Life Transitions
- Anxiety, Mood Swings & Stress
- Master’s Candidate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Mercer University, Atlanta
- Diploma in Personality, Mood, and Eating Disorders, University of Valencia, Spain
- Harvard Business School Executive Education Program on Team Leadership, Cambridge
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), with specialization in International Business, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris, France and Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Licenciada in Psychology, Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Candidate for Core Training Completion in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) under the supervision of Amanda Carver, LMFT
- Completion of Gottman Method Couples Therapy: Level 1; Foundation Course of Cognitively-Based Compassion Training (CBCT) at Emory Atlanta; “The Power of Awareness” with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach
- Student Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy(ICEEFT), American Psychological Association(APA) , Satir Global Network, and the National Latinx Psychological Association(NLPA)